08 July 2009

Burned Circuits

I started this morning off with a hefty serving of toasted circuits à la jackhammer. What I mean is my computer got fried in a power surge. I turned it on and heard it start up from the other room, but when I returned there was only a "blue screen." I'm blaming it on the jackhammer because that started up in the period when I wasn't standing in front of my computer. Later on I noticed the "third prong" of the jackhammer was broken off, and I'm pretty sure that's what caused the surge. Anyhow, my computer is caput.

It's really frustrating to lose something expensive like that, but it's not new and I just recently backed up my photos and documents, so I didn't lose any important data. Now I have to use Jessee's frustratingly slow computer. I can't even get a new one because there's no way to ship it here. The only way would be to purchase it online and have Jessee carry it back when she returns to Massachusetts at the end of August for her first aid recertification. But for now, I'm just going to have to make do.

No comments:

Post a Comment