24 November 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday, but I don't know what to do for her. I can't take her out to lunch, as we're about 2,000 miles apart, and I can't buy her a gift I think she'd like, as there really aren't any stores here on South. Even if I mailed her a card, it likely wouldn't get there until Easter. I think... I'll bake her a cake.

Maybe I'll make it a marble cake

Without the marbling effect

I know, I know, my mom won't actually get to eat the cake. (Sorry Mom, if this gesture is only a tease!) But, it's the thought that counts, right? This way she'll know that I've been thinking about her today. And I'm confident I'll be able to convince the staff and students here at SFS to agree to eat the birthday cake on her behalf, purely out of the generosity of their hearts of course!

Happy birthday to you...

Happy birthday to you...

Happy birthday, dear Marilyn...

Happy Birthday to you!

p.s. I love you.
p.p.s. That's supposed to be the Bahama Woodstar hummingbird I keep telling you about.

No comments:

Post a Comment