27 May 2009

Shipping Our Belongings

The School for Field Studies (SFS) is paying to ship up to 300 lbs. of our belongings. This is really nice not only because it costs a small fortune, but because we won't have to lug so much around the airports or pay for extra checked bags. We're not bringing that much either, barely half the total weight. And that includes all my new SCUBA gear (I ended up shipping it early because none of the local refresher courses are being offered in the next two weeks).


Moving is complicated when you don't own any gasoline powered vehicles. You have to plan ahead, leave extra time for bicycle transport, and hope for favorable weather. We had several offers of assistance in this department, but the truth is, I wanted to bring our boxes to the UPS store on my bike! And it only took two trips. My only regret is that nobody I knew saw me doing it.


The things haven't actually been shipped yet. They're waiting at the UPS store for us to get final approval from SFS. I'll have to make one more trip back there to fill out the paperwork and get receipts for the reimbursement.

No comments:

Post a Comment